In Training!

Keeping tabs on what happens in between marathons...

Monday, February 18, 2008

Indoors?Outdoors!

Just for posterity, I ran outside this morning. It was raining and in the 30's. It seemed to be a matter of principal after doing every run indoors this past week, including a 13 miler. Considering that the rain and melting snow we had today is supposed to freeze over night and I have to do a speed workout tomorrow, I will be on the indoor track again. It is better than slipping and messing up my leg.

Also, I do a radio show on a college radio station on Monday Nights from 6-8PM. You can tune in online at http://www.wknh.org/ and use the streaming link. I do your usual free-jazz, noisy pop music and obscure rock gems. It's a short line from Punk rock to free jazz.

I don't want to jump the gun on this, but after tomorrow, I will be 100% mailed out. All fundraising letters will have been mailed. I know the letters I send tomorrow will not be the last, but at the moment, they represent the last addresses I have not sent to. From this point, it will probably be one or two at a time. I mention this only because it is a relief, it was a lot of work, it feels really good to be doing this, but the flavor of envelope glue lingers on my lips and Liz wants her dining room table back. I'm just patting myself on the back because, now, the fundraising focus shifts to follow ups, thank you letters and enjoying the fruit of our labors. Oh, and the focus should also have something to do with training for some big race...

Check out my show (mondays 6-8pm). Hopefully the streaming link works.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home