In Training!

Keeping tabs on what happens in between marathons...

Friday, February 15, 2008

Fundraising Update

I had hoped that today would be the day that I would get the mail and be able to blog that today was the day that I finally broke $1,000 raised so far. Instead, I got the mail (which we had not been receiving because our mail carrier did not seem to think we had sufficiently shoveled his path to the mailbox) and in the mail were 14 envelopes with donations totaling $987.20!!!
Ah... but it gets better.

As I put the donations in the mail to DFMC, I was thinking to myself, if only one letter had come one day sooner, I could say I had a thousand dollar day. It was later, back at work, as I was about to leave, I quickly checked my DFMC webpage. I check my page compulsively to see if any donations have come in or if any of the checks I sent in have been processed. I check it so often that 99% of the time I check it, it has not changed. It changed today. Another donation came in making today a ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR DAY!!!!! So never mind that I have broken one-thousand dollars, thanks to the donations I received today, I am just shy of two thousand total; almost 25% of my goal of $8000.

Thank you everyone, today was a very exciting day.

And just a by the way, my Dana-Farber page is obviously behind, and as of now, does not reflect anything but online donations.

Again, thank you to everyone, Dana-Farber is world class, cutting edge research and 100% of your donation goes towards making a difference in people's lives TODAY!

Oh well, tomorrow is a long run and it seems like I have a choice: run in single digit temps with high winds (negative wind chill) on icy, dangerous roads or spend 2 hours on a treadmill and on an indoor track. Do I have a third option of steam room, massage and lemon water?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home