In Training!

Keeping tabs on what happens in between marathons...

Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Training Motto

Ok, So I was a little harsh on treadmills a few hours ago simply because the treadmill I ran on this morning was placed in front of the local news and then Good Morning America, and all that was on was Britney, Heath and Britney. GMA did show this video of a public defender getting punched in the face by his client... about 15 times as a teaser. It is not the treadmill's fault that the news in our country doesn't show news anymore, but rather focuses on entertainment.

I know that on Marathon Day, I will be grateful for the hours spent on the treadmill. The miles I ran in one place.

This is the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge, the Boston Marathon! A few runs on the treadmill is nothing!

I have developed my training motto and I am now going public with it:
"Commitment Today
Sacrifice Today
There is no Tommorow!
Some Finish Lines Just Mean More!"

1 Comments:

  • At February 8, 2008 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Chris said...

    Hey, it's your cousin Dee's husband, Chris. We got your letter today and plan on donating very soon. I'm training too... but for Ironman in July. If you're interested, check out my training blog at www.millsplace.com.

    Keep up the good work. Almost there!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home