In Training!

Keeping tabs on what happens in between marathons...

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Why DFMC?

Why am I running for Dana Farber? Here are ten reasons that come to mind...

1. for My grandmother who showed us all that you can have a renaissance in your life at any time.

2. for my grandfather, cancer did not take him, but it certainly took pieces of him when it took his wife and life partner.

3. for Johnny who taught us to appreciate the small things and reminded us that if your driver is not working, leave it in the bag and use the club that is.

4. For Andrew, who followed his dream and lived a vigorous life

5. Because five years ago, my Father started running for DFMC and when he couldn't this year, I could not allow the torch of Hope to go out.

6. Because cancer sucks

7. read a few of the recent posts at http://www.38pitches.com/

8. I like running in the cold, snow, dark, ice and salty frozen roads of New England in the winter

9. Because Dana Farber wants a world without cancer and so do I.

10. Because as Dana-Farber works towards a world without cancer, maybe the money I raise can help ease some pain and suffering for cancer patients in the here and now.

Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home