In Training!

Keeping tabs on what happens in between marathons...

Friday, April 4, 2008

Feeling Better

I am feeling better after a day in bed and resting. This will be three days without running which makes me feel like a slacker. As the calender gets closer to the big day I have to trust that missing a couple of days now will not hurt me on 4/21. In fact, I must trust that what is more likely is that the running I do in the next two weeks has more of a chance to mess up the race than any other time during my training. I can't go back and add miles to my training, intervals to my speedwork or minutes to any given day. I didn't break 50 miles in a week, but I was consistently in the 40's. I will take consistent training over a couple of big weeks. At this point, all there is to do is slow down and let my body recover fully so I am prepared. I'll do another 12-15 mile tuneup this weekend and that is really it. After that, it is a taper.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home