In Training!

Keeping tabs on what happens in between marathons...

Saturday, September 6, 2008

New Shoes

There comes a time, every several years, when a runner must part ways with the make and style of shoe that has graced their feet. This time has come for me. This weekend, I retired the Pearl-Izumi Syncro-Float 2's that I had worn for Boston. For the past 4 years, this day meant that a new pair of Syncro-Float's were waiting in the wings to be broken in, but not today.
Today, I took a pair of Asics Nimbus 9's out of the box and wore them around town to break them in. Tomorrow, I will take them on a quick 3 mile run to really get my foot molded into the shoe. It will be the first miles not run in a pair of Pearl-Izumis (not counting speed work done in my Reebok track shoes). Granted, I still have a pair of P-I trail shoes with a considerable amount of life left in them, but the Asics now appear to be the shoe of my future. They are a nice neutral cushion with laces that really hug my foot. My feet are happy for now. I have always been picky about what shoes I wear and it took me several tries to find the Pearl's 4 years ago, so I am not yet ready to become a spokesman for Asics.

I'll miss my Pearl Izumi's but it is time for my feet to move on to a shoe with a slightly better fit.

1 Comments:

  • At October 2, 2008 at 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi:

    It was great running with you the other day. Nothing beats the freedom of pavement and trails.

    My new running shoes are a great help. I bought ASICS because they work for you!

    Let's run again together soon.

    D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home