In Training!

Keeping tabs on what happens in between marathons...

Friday, May 16, 2008

Bike/Walk to Work Day

It is bike or walk to work day and I will be biking. I am two miles from work. I drove yesterday because of the rain and after work, I went for a 30 minute run from the parking lot. When I got back to my car, I could not turn the key in the ignition. It was stuck... I tried for about 10 minutes. So I tacked on an extra two miles to my run and ran home. The point of this is that this is when I noticed how tired and sore my right knee is. It is the knee that was bothering me during training for Boston and as I write, it is quite sore. I could feel my IT band last night as I was in bed, it felt like a rubber band that was about to snap. So, I am going to have to be very careful. There is not a lot of pain, just a decent ache.
So now, I am going to bike to work and call AAA to tow my car or at least try to get the key to work.

No point to this really. I'm still getting back into the swing of things and this lingering knee thing is kind of a bummer.

1 Comments:

  • At May 16, 2008 at 9:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    AH! That sucks about your knee AND your car! Take care of that IT band! And as for the car, you may already know this, but my car does that when my wheel is turned a little bit. So if you wiggle your steering wheel and then try sometimes it unlocks. Just figured I'd put my two cents in before the call to AAA! Hope it works out!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home