In Training!

Keeping tabs on what happens in between marathons...

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Covered Bridges

I ran the Swanzey Covered Bridges Half-marathon last Sunday. I had not been training too hard for it and wound up running out of gas early on. I finished 1:45, which I can live with. This guy from New Jersey was asking me about the course at the start. I told him it was a rolling course. It turns out "rolling" in New Hampshire means "hills" in New Jersey and I felt like I was the guy from Jersey by about the 7 mile mark.

The race's founder died last year of cancer (he was 31) and it is great that the race has continued. It was inspiring to have his parents yell "go" at the start.

The Baltimore Half-marathon is up next. I've got to get out and train a little harder for that.

Oh well, here is my friend Lindsey's running blog:
http://lindseyisrunning.blogspot.com/
You can check it out and see pictures of all of her meals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home