In Training!

Keeping tabs on what happens in between marathons...

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Take 2

This is my blog.

I am not going to spend too much time on the editing of the template right now. I figure I will slowly edit it to be more to my liking. Anyways, my main goal with this blog is more practical.
You'll notice the address... I will be using this blog as a tool for fundraising in a few months for the Dana Farber Marathon Challenge.
Basically, I am going to blog about my training (and other things) and use this as an attempt to help bring people on board with me as I train for the DFMC.
Boston is not until April 08, but this is the beginning. I am shooting for the stars.
I want to raise 10,000 dollars for Dana Farber. The money goes to cancer research.
So anyways, here is a training update:
Monday was a 15.5 miler in about 2hours. Wednesday was 4x1200meter repeats at about 4:30each and friday was a 16 minute tempo in dreadful humidity. The other days were easy runs. I will have run about 44 miles this week after tomorrow's easy run.
It sounds kind of boring to report this, but it reminds me of a sign I saw once on the Green Line in the Boston T: It was a picture of an empty road. At the top it said "What Happens between Marathons?" and the answer was on the bottom: "Work."
I am so grateful to have been given this gift and this day... every time I run, it is a celebration.

Song of the day: Bend Over Beethoven by !!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home